Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Hump Day

SO today is Wednesday, and I believe they call it Hump Day. Mostly because it's the middle of the week, and if the week were a hill being climbed, with all the proper safety gear and following all the codes of the Climbers Association of Iowa and Other Awesome States of course, then Wednesday would be the top of the hill, and the rest of the week follows. And of course, the other thing about Hump Day....... Think like the Doak's and you'll figure that one out;)

I have to work late tonight, a customer called in needing to "Commission" his new lighting system, which means we run a test with the lights and then turn them on for 30 minutes. Once the lights burn fo the 30 minutes, we take a reading on each pole on how much electricity it is pulling from the grid, and save that in our memory bank so if a lamp were to burn out, then we would read a different amount than the initial commissioning amerage. Anyways, long story short, its a 45 minute process and he calls at 4:50.... Fun Fun. But I guess I don't mind. Only thing is, I have a full detail tonight that I want to go quick, and then I am working out with my Sister-in-Laws boyfriend at his place after that. Trying to get back in shape. Austin and Tyler made fun of me a few months ago for my "Man Boobs". So trying to get rid of that!

And then my wife asked me to paint the kitchen windows. And I also have to redo the caulking in our shower, and install our new A/C, and paint a few more rooms, and then try to get a shower/tub combo installed, and try to keep up with working out and car details, and try to be there for my family!!!!!!

And to all who make fun of me: This is why I have GRAY HAIR! I swear i'm going to look like George Clooney in 2 years, except not as rich.... Bummer....

Anyways, I just realized I could write on this thing forever and probably bore you so much that you would rather watch a movie from the silent film era.... So to all a good night!

My blessings to you and your families.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Give me a break! You had gray hair before i met you(a few i should say).. Its NOT from me.. don't worry, once everything is done, we can relax, thats probably the day the baby comes.. well at least *I* can relax.. lol.. I'm overwhelmed too but manage to keep the gray hair away.. :) BTW, George Clooney is sexy looking.. LOL

Phil Doak said...

Don't worry, Alex, the gray hair goes away after the second child... I never (yet) got gray hair, BUT, my power valleys are becoming more prominent, and for that I am proud. No matter what the situation is for natural straw hat, remember what the wise man named anonymous said: "Who needs hair with a body like this"!