Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crawlspace fun

I just wanna take a second and thank big brothers everywhere, especially my biggest (age wise) brother Ben. He is VERY skilled with home remodeling and woodworking and such. He has been a huge help to me and my house. He has helped me install my dishwasher, do this tub/shower combo, some plumbing and electrical work too. Huge help, so thanks Ben!!

So the title of my post sounds so fun doesn't it! Crawlspaces... Gotta love them. Dirty, sandy, damp places that are 2 to 3 feet tall, and the only thing you can do is crawl and sometime be able to be on your hands and knees. I have about 3 scars already from nails and such poking down and scraping my back. It took me 15 minutes in the shower last night to get all the crap out of my hair.. But anyways. I spent about maybe 2 or 3 hours in there last night working on my drain for the shower. That drain is crazy and probably does not meet the 273 codes that Iowa has for drain, but at least it will work! It is too complicated to explain, but lets just say you would look at it and say, "Pht, Amateur..." I did all that in the crawlspaces while Ben was upstairs answering my questions and working on the water supply lines and getting the holes drilled in the third wall for the faucet and the supply handle and such. It is looking better!

After we did all that, I cleaned up a bit and after my shower (At my FIL's house) I sealed the edges and corners in the shower so hopefully that was a good job. It was kinda a pain! But tonight we should be able to use the shower, granted I get support underneath the tub. The bottom of the tub is almost 3 inches of the ground in the front and about 1.75 inches off the ground in the back. Only because the floor is not even. Once I get that done and the shower head put on, We can bathe AND shower now! First time ever in this house!

Then once that is done, Ben said he knows a little bit about drywall (he must dabble with it lol) he said he will patch up what needs patched and once it is painted we can have a complete bathroom again.... Oh wait, I forgot, now the floor needs redone too.. Man, one thing after another! Austin, can you say, "Money Pit". LOL, just kidding ;) Hopefully once we paint, finish bathroom, and maybe insulate the garage and stuff, our house will be worth 15,000 more than we paid for it. And luckily, we didn't spend half that;).

Also, congratulations to my friend Ashley Dubra, he got a hole in one last night! Granted, it was a video game and he did with a controller sitting on my couch, but it was still awesome! Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008 is the most addicting game, I swear.

Well, that's about it for today. Once I finish ranting about all the house work, then I will start posting more interesting stuff. Thanks for reading!!

My blessings to you and your families:)

1 comment:

katylinvw said...

woo-hoo! you guys can finally shower! - you really do post just to move up on my blog roll, don't you?